How do I get help with my pension?

Many of your pension issues and questions must be directed to CUNY HR, TRS or TIAA. Here's a list of those questions and who to contact.

For information on the retirement process, Travia leave, retiree benefits, forms, etc., begin with the Benefits Office at your campus or workplace. CUNY holds pre-retirement information seminars throughout the year. Your benefits officer will have the dates.

If you have a Teachers' Retirement System pension, call (888) 869-2877 and schedule an appointment at the TRS office on 55 Water Street. Visit the very useful TRS website.

If you have a TIAA retirement account, meet with the TIAA representative on your campus.

Before making an appointment with the Retirement Benefits Counselor, please answer this questionnaire and email the information to Sandra Zaconeta,


Have feedback about this website?

Tell us what you think.